Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, a.k.a. Lady Gaga, and her management/creative team of Matt Williams, Troy Carter, and Vincent Herbert, have created a marketing template for today. They base it on five simple things:
- You have to have the goods – gimmicks-only won’t do. Lady Gaga is an exceptionally talented pianist/musician who writes all of her songs. She wasn’t created by a record label or a producer, she told them what she was going to do and how she’d do it.
- Nothing is more important to her than customers/fans because without them everything else is irrelevant. In a recent Vanity Fair article she said, “How could I possibly be better for you? That’s all I keep thinking: I just want to be better for you.” She is the record holder with 32 million Facebook friends.
- Have a plan. Nothing she does is thoughtless. The more spontaneous she seems, the clearer it is her actions are well planned.
- Deliver on the Brand promises. This is the seed that grows trust to create the product/customer bond. Lady Gaga is Lady Gaga everywhere, always.
- Be bold; very bold. With all the noise and distraction in the marketplace, your messages have to stand out.